Effective Date: March 25, 2020
We value you as a customer and understand that you care about the privacy and security of your personal information. Protecting the privacy and security of your personal information is a priority, and we do our best to ensure that your personal information is always handled in a safe and responsible manner.
We strive to communicate clearly about your privacy and how we handle your personal information. We follow security standards, processes and procedures that are designed to protect your personal information.
The principles below describe the kind of information we may collect from you and how we may use that information, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing such information when you interact with Audio School Online, such as when you visit our website, stream our content, or contact us for customer service. References to the “company,” “website,” “site,” “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to Music School Online, Inc. References to “you” and “your” refer to you, a user of our Service.
The following topics are addressed below:
Depending on how you choose to interact with AudioSchoolOnline.com, we may collect personal information that you provide us in connection with your use and view of our site including, but not limited to, your name, username, email address, and any text contained and/or information entered while corresponding with the Website. In addition to any information that you provide us, we may also automatically collect anonymous information about your use of the site. Such information may include, without limitation, internet protocol (IP) addresses, internet service provider (ISP), the domain that you use to access the website, the version and type of browser or operating system you use, geographic location, cookie data, content viewed, including access dates and length of time viewed, and referral pages. The foregoing shall be collectively referred to hereafter as the “User Information.” By using the Website, you expressly and voluntarily consent to our collection, transfer, storage, use and disclosure of your User Information, inside and outside of our servers.
Information That You Provide to Us
There are a number of circumstances in which you may need to provide us with your personal information. The most common of these circumstances include:
- Creating an account or making a purchase. When you create an account or make a purchase, you may need to submit personal information to us including username and email address.
- Accessing and utilizing the Dashboard, Resources, Account Settings and Support. In order to use certain features of the Audio School Online Website, you may be required to enter your email address and / or other personal information. We will store and use this information to allow you to access your Dashboard, view your purchases, view and download resources, access or change your Account Settings and contact Customer Service / Technical Support. In addition, we keep track of your progress so that you may continue learning where you left off.
- Downloading Digital Content. We track the files that are downloaded and the number of times the information is downloaded.
- Contacting Customer Service. When you contact customer service, we may ask you to provide, or confirm, personal information so that we can better serve you.
- Entering a sweepstakes or contest or answering a survey. If you enter a sweepstakes, contest or promotion we offer, we may ask you to provide personal information so that we can consider your entry and, if you win, so that you may redeem your prize. If you choose to answer a survey, we may ask for your feedback to improve our site.
- Signing up for our newsletter, or other promotional communications. If you sign up to receive our newsletter or any other promotional communications or notifications from us, we may ask you to provide personal information so that we can provide these to you. You always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional emails by following the instructions included in each marketing email, newsletter or other promotional communication.
Information Automatically Collected
There are circumstances in which we automatically receive and collect information from you. The most common sources of this information include:
- Web server logs. When you visit the Audio School Online website, our web servers may automatically log information that your browser sends us. For example, we may receive and collect: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the date and time you access the Website; and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Audio School Online Website. We may also collect information regarding search queries run on the Audio School Online Website. We use this information to monitor the usage of our Audio School Online Website and as necessary for our business.
- Pixel tags or clear GIFs. We may use sensing technologies that use pixel tags or clear GIFs (which are also called web beacons). These technologies allow us to determine the effectiveness of our e-mail and advertising and marketing efforts. For this purpose, we tie the pixel tags and clear GIFs to personally identifiable information. We may also collect information regarding the links within such marketing materials that you click on and purchase
- Third party web analytics services. We work with third party service providers, including but not limited to Google Analytics to help us better understand how you use the Audio School Online Website. These third party service providers will place cookies in your browser to collect information such as how you were referred to the Audio School Online Website, how you navigate around the Audio School Online Website, what you purchase and what traffic is driven by various marketing methods. This information will help us to better serve you and provide you with more personalized information and product offerings. We do not allow third party service providers to collect your credit card information, e-mail address or password information. These third party service providers may only use your personal information to perform services for us and may not share your personal information with anyone else, or use it for any other purpose, except on an aggregated, non-personally identifiable basis. To disable the Google Analytics cookie and other third party web analytics service provider cookies, you can choose to have your browser notify you when cookies are being written to your computer or accessed, or you can disable cookies entirely.
- Your Device or Apps you use, including geolocation. When you use a Device, we automatically collect information through the Device when it is connected to the Internet. For example, we may receive and collect information concerning device registration, operating system, settings, usage, firmware version, signal strength, search queries, network interaction, the name of the network from which you access the Internet, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device you are using, unique device identifiers (UDIDs), downloads, sideloaded content, configuration, or service information relating to any malfunction of the Device. This may include information regarding your activity on such Devices, such as pages or videos opened, date and time of use, time elapsed, or annotations. In addition, to provide location-based services on Devices, Audio School Online and third party application providers may automatically collect real-time geographic location information or other location-based information about you and your Device or other mobile device. This information may be used to provide certain device or application functionality or to offer, provide and improve products and services.
- Business partners, contractors, and other third parties. We may collect personal information and other information about you from business partners, contractors and other third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, instances in which you affirmatively authorize third parties to provide us with information. Such information may be collected via, but not limited to, software applications that you download or use on your Device or that otherwise allow you to interact with Audio School Online.
Audio School Online is passionate about creating a rewarding customized experience for you. We use all the information we have to help us provide and support our Services. Here is how:
- Administer your account.
- Present content to you from our services in an effective way for you on your computer or mobile device.
- Provide you with products, services and information that you request from us or that we believe may be interesting to you including product and subject recommendations and through emails from our businesses, and on the Audio School Online Website, your Devices, Digital Content, and display associated content and advertising.
- Customize and improve your experience with the Service.
- Meet our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Provide online customer service. This may include posting or tracking any emails that you send to us or messages, pictures, videos or other content that you post on the Website if, in our sole discretion, we deem it necessary, and/or it is necessary to respond to your emails and/or posted messages, pictures, videos or other content.
- Conduct research and perform analysis in order to measure, maintain, protect, develop and improve our products and services.
- Obtain your feedback on our site and offerings.
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, promotions or surveys and provide appropriate notifications.
- Communicate with you about special offers, events, or new products or services that may be of interest to you.
- Customize and enhance the Audio School Online Website and advertising.
- Notify you regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues.
- Manage our business.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information or when we prompt you regarding a new use of information about you.
Protecting the privacy and security of your personal information is a priority at Audio School Online.
Audio School Online DOES NOT SELL OR RENT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES.
Please note that your data may be transferred to or shared with a third party as part of a sale, merger, or acquisition of Audio School Online or one of its affiliates (see “Sales, Mergers, and Acquisitions” below).
Audio School Online may share your personal information with:
- Other affiliated companies. Audio School Online is affiliated with other operations and businesses, such as Music School Online, and we may share your personal information with our other business units and operations, even if such business units or operations are sold.
- Third Party Service Providers, Subcontractors, and Agents. We share personal data with service providers, subcontractors and agents who perform services on our behalf that work under contract on our behalf to provide certain services. These third parties do not have the right to use personal information we provide to them in any way that is not authorized by Audio School Online. They are contractually obligated to use such information only as necessary to assist us and to maintain the confidentiality and security of such information.
- Credit card companies. We do not keep Credit Card information on our servers. All credit card transactions are handled through Stripe, PayPal or Authorize.net. We shall store all User Information and protect such information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of such information. Despite these protections, you hereby acknowledge the risk and possibility that unauthorized third parties could illegally “hack” into, abuse and/or misuse your User Information. Accordingly, you release us, the Website, and any of its owners, related entities, employees, officers, directors, agents, members, partners, successors, and licensees from any and all liability associated with third parties illegally accessing or misappropriating your User Information. We ask that you help protect your User Information by never giving out your personal information unless you deem it necessary or you voluntarily wish to do so, logging off of your computer and/or closing your Internet browser when you finish visiting the Website or other web pages.
You agree that Audio School Online may disclose your User Information to third parties when we determine, in our judgment, that it is necessary to:
- (a) comply with law enforcement or judicial authorities, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation;
- (c) protect the rights, reputation, property or safety of Audio School Online, our employees, our customers, users, or others;
- (d) if the disclosure is required by mandatory professional standards;
- (e) to a third party with your prior consent to do so. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, we will not sell, trade, rent or disclose your information to any third parties.
We value hearing from our users and are always interested in learning how we can make Audio School Online better. Any feedback, comments, reviews, ideas or suggestions (“Feedback”) you share with Audio School Online regarding the Audio School Online website, courses, or services is entirely voluntary. Any such Feedback will be the sole and exclusive property of Audio School Online and you hereby irrevocably assign to us all of your right, title and interest in and to all Feedback. Audio School Online will be free to use such Feedback as we see fit and without any obligation to you.
We take significant and appropriate security measures, including physical, technological and procedural measures, to help to safeguard your personal information and to prevent unauthorized access and disclosure. In addition, we use industry-standard technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology in the transmission of certain sensitive personal information, designed to prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information, and, as technology develops, we intend to take additional measures to improve security.
You may access your account with Audio School Online through a unique username and a password selected by you. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone, that you change your password often using a combination of letters, numbers, and allowable characters, and that you ensure you use a secure web browser. We cannot be held accountable for activity that results from your own neglect to safeguard the secrecy of your username and password. If you share a computer with anyone, you should always log out of your account after you are finished in order to prevent access to your information from subsequent users of that computer.
Please notify us at email@example.com as soon as possible if your username or password is compromised.
We want you to feel confident whenever you visit us on the Audio School Website. While we are focused on the security of your personal information and follow strict standards, processes and procedures that are designed to protect your personal information, you must remember that the Internet is a global communications vehicle open to threats. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal data, you acknowledge that there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; that the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Website cannot be guaranteed and we shall have no liability to you or any third party for loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration of such information; and that any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal data in our control may have been compromised, we will try to notify you. To the extent you have provided us with your email address, we may notify you by email and you agree to our use of email as a means of such notification.
We offer processes and / or settings to control and manage the personal data we have about you, including the ability to:
- Amend or Rectify Data. You can edit some of your personal data through your Account Settings. You can also ask us to amend your data in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data. You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (i.e., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (i.e., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Delete Data. You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (i.e., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
In addition, you may choose to opt out from receiving newsletters or marketing and promotional communications from Audio School Online at any time by clicking on the opt-out link provided at the bottom of each email and following the instructions, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Furthermore, you have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You also have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies rectified. Please note that, as permitted by law, we may charge a nominal fee for information requests and may require you to prove your identity. Following a request, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files. Please address written requests and questions about this to email@example.com. We will respond to all access requests within 30 days.
You may choose to let your subscription lapse, in which case we will retain your information for a reasonable period of time in case you choose to re-subscribe. You may choose to close your account in which case we will delete your information, including your learning history, within 60 days of your request. However, we may retain your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), comply with contractual obligations, meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our Terms of Service, or fulfill your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. We will retain de-personalized information after your account has been closed. You can close your account on your “Account Settings” tab.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you with services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Audio School Online is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the collection, storage and use of personal information of Minors under the age of 13, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998.
Except as noted below:
- (a) our products and services are marketed for and directed towards purchases by adults or with the consent of adults;
- (b) Individuals under the age of 18 (“Minors”) are not permitted to use the Audio School Online Website without the supervision of a parent or legal guardian and should always check with their parents or guardians before entering personal information on any website or mobile application and we encourage families to discuss their household guidelines regarding the online sharing of personal data;
- (c) we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to post personal information on the Audio School Online Website; and
- (d) should we learn that someone under the age of 13 has provided any personal information to the Audio School Online Website, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
If you are a parent or guardian who believes that your Minor under the age of 13 has submitted personal information or other information to us without your consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we verify that you are the parent or legal guardian, at your request, we will promptly provide to you information regarding what, if any, personal information we have collected about your child and how it has been used or shared. We will, at your request, remove personal information about your child from the database and instruct our affiliates and third party partners to do the same.
If you are a Minor under the age of 18, you may request and obtain removal of certain content or information posted on the Audio School Online Website by sending an email to email@example.com with “Privacy Rights for Minors” in the subject line. Please be advised that our removal of your post(s) does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted on the Audio School Online Website.